The Gershwin Theatre is named after two famous personalities, George Gershwin and his lyricist brother Ira Gershwin. And there’s also a sweeping rotunda that displays the Theatre Hall of Fame. The Gershwin Theatre is located in the Paramount Plaza building in midtown Manhattan, New York, and is one of the largest and most popular venues on Broadway. Since 2003, Wicked has been home to the Gershwin theatre seating charts that set a new box office record for the venue and in Broadway history. Let us know the Gershwin Theater seating chart with their seat numbers.
Wicked seating chart Gershwin theatre Sections
Gershwin theatre seating capacity is of 1933 people and is divided into two levels, one is the orchestra level and the other is the mezzanine level. The orchestra level has a total of 1290 seats while the mezzanine level has a total of 636 seats. In the Gershwin Theatre virtual seating chart, both the levels are tagged in alphabetical order i.e. from A to Z and there are also some exceptions. Let us know in detail about the two different levels.
See Also – Fox Theatre Seating Chart 2023
Gershwin Theatre seating chart Orchestra View
The lower level in the Gershwin Theatre New York is the Orchestra Level, with 1290 seats. The orchestra level is divided into three sections which are right, left, and center orchestra level. The Gershwin theatre best seats at the orchestra level are the middle section and the front row of the orchestra and they are numbered from 101 to 114 whereas odd numbers are labeled on the left side and the even numbers are on the right side. Labels given to rows are from A to Z and AA to ZZ.
The Middle orchestra seats are more expensive than the right and left sides of the Orchestra. Gershwin theatre seating chart obstructed view in the orchestra level can be the far left and right side of the orchestra and they are numbered from 1 to 28 same odd numbers are on the left side and the even numbers are on the right side.
Gershwin Theatre mezzanine view
The upper level of the theatre is called the mezzanine level, which has a total of 636 seats. Like the orchestra level, the mezzanine is also divided into three sections: left, right, and center. The best seats at Gershwin Theatre in the Mezzanine level are its front row in the center section which are numbered 101 to 114 with odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side. Labels given to rows are from A to M.
The Middle Mezzanine seats are more expensive than the right and left sides of the Mezzanine and can have the worst view of the stage in the theatre they are numbered from 1 to 28 same odd numbers are on the left side and the even numbers are on the right side and rows are tagged from A to M. Gershwin theatre rear mezzanine view is the cheapest and also the furthermost from the stage.
Best seats to see Wicked at Gershwin theatre
The most expensive and best seats are in the middle of the orchestra section at the Gershwin Theatre, which offers a clear and unobstructed view of the stage. The advantage of the seats being so close to the stage is that you get closer to the act going on the stage and get a new experience.
Because there is only one floor in the Gershwin Theatre, which is the mezzanine level, there is a very beautiful view of the stage from there, and from the height, you can see the upper view of the stage.
If you want the best seats in the Gershwin Theatre in New York, then go for the BB to M seats in the middle of the orchestra and the A to E seats in the front row of the mezzanine.
Premium Seats of Gershwin Theatre seating Chart
Premium seats are the best seats and are usually in the first 20 rows of the middle section of the orchestra or the first two rows of the front section of the mezzanine, but premium seats are also very expensive. The orchestra’s premium seats provide a clear view of the faces of all the people on stage. The premium seats in the front row of the mezzanine provide a good view of the entire Wicked show.
List of Upcoming Events at Wicked NYC Gershwin Theatre
Wicked is a musical show that has been running at the Gershwin Theatre since 2003, becoming the longest and most successful Broadway show. The musical show Wicked is based on the novel by Gregory Maguire. It’s a re-imagining of the classic tale The Wizard of OZ from the witches’ point of view. The musical show features a score by Stefan Schwartz, a book by Winnie Holzman, and a cast of extremely talented performers.
Not only this, Wicked has also won many awards, including three Tony Awards and one Grammy Award, and has also received very good reviews from the audience and critics. Wicked’s musical show runs for a total of 2 hours and 45 minutes with an interval in between and the show can be watched by people aged 8 years and above. Wicked runs Tuesdays to Sundays till January 23, 2024, at the Gershwin Theatre NYC.
Gershwin Theatre New York NY seating chart review
Following is the Wicked seating chart Gershwin Theatre for those who are planning to visit the Wicked Gershwin Theatre seating chart:
- If you do not want to stand in long lines for security check, then you should arrive 30 minutes before the start of the show.
- To fully enjoy the Gershwin Theatre, you can visit its gift shops, museum, or cafe inside the theatre.
- You should not carry bags that are large, or any type of luggage because there is no facility for checking these bags in the theatre. If you want to bring them then bring them at your own risk because you may have to leave them outside the Gershwin theatre.
- Sometimes, the temperature of the theatre is cold so, it is advisable to bring warm clothes or a blanket with you. And you should also dress up according to the theatre’s temperature.
- You cannot take photographs, make any videos, or do any audio recording because it is restricted during the event and you should also have to switch off your mobile phone or keep it on silent mode so that it cannot interrupt the performance.
- Stay till the end of the performance because sometimes there could be a good message delivered by the cast at the end of the event.
- A special feature of the Gershwin Theatre is that there is a lot of legroom between the seats and this is beneficial for those who are tall.
- There are shops in the Gershwin Theatre that sell merchandise during Wicked or other shows.
- The Gershwin Theatre also has a bar or concession stand selling food and drinks before or during the show or intermission.
- The best thing is that there are bathrooms on both levels of the Gershwin Theatre, but it gets very crowded during the interval, so go before or after the show.
- There is a lift and wheelchair ramp in the theatre for disabled people so that they do not face any problems.
- There are services available to provide headsets and devices for people who can’t hear.
- If you want the best seats at the Gershwin Theatre, book your tickets in advance, especially for shows on weekends and holidays.
We hope our Broadway Gershwin theatre seating chart will help you the next time you plan a visit to the Gershwin Theatre New York ny seating chart. Don’t forget to book your tickets before going to attend an event. There are also so many restaurants near Gershwin theatre so you can also enjoy your meal while returning from the show. If you are new in New York City then you can also stay in the hotels near Gershwin Theatre New York ny.
The Gershwin Theatre in the Paramount Plaza building in midtown Manhattan, New York.
The Gershwin Theatre has a total of 1933 seats.
Yes, it is on Broadway in New York.
Wicked Musical show has been played in the Gershwin theatre since 2003.
You can sit in the middle section of the Orchestra level and the front row of the mezzanine level for a better view.